A question I get asked a lot is “what is a Career Search Adviser and what can you do for me?”
The answer is somewhat self-explanatory; we provide a wide array of strategic advice and some of us even provide the necessary tools to conduct a job search.
Another common question is “who needs a job search adviser?” Whether you’re unemployed and looking for a new job in your field, you’re gainfully employed and looking to advance your career, you’ve reached a point in life where you need to make a total career transition, or you are a recent graduate searching for your first job, your efforts will be greatly enhanced by seeking out a capable Job Search Adviser.
Here are some of the many things a skilled Job Search Adviser can do for you:
- We can help you in the financial planning aspects of conducting a successful search. Knowing what bills must be paid and what new expenses you may incur to get the job you want – i.e. education, transportation and relocation – are essential to making the right choices during a prolonged job search.
- We can help you clarify what you would your career path and career options based on reality and first-hand information. Too many people are chasing pipe dreams and a knowledgeable Job Search Adviser can tell you what you must offer and what you can expect from a new employer and if you are looking for the right job in the proper industry.
- We can teach you how to create an action plan, follow through on it, and show you how to hold yourself accountable for your successes and failures. We can teach you who you should be speaking to and who to avoid speaking to if you want to see results.
- Once you know who to speak to, we can help you prepare a convincing dialogue to get more job interviews and job offers.
- No matter what level you are at we can teach you how to position or reposition yourself so you come across as a Top10 candidate for any job. We can teach you how to identify your value to a new employer and how to get this information across in writing and in person.
- We can help prepare your resume and cover letters and show you how to adapt and target them for specific jobs.
- We can be a valuable resource for you during your journey, being there to answer questions as they arise and being a positive influence when you start to lose motivation and doubt your ability to succeed.
These are just a few of the ways a Job Search Adviser can help impact your job search for you.